Senior v. Freshmen: First Day of School

Elliott+Meadows

Dannika Fulling

Elliott Meadows

Dannika Fulling, Editor

‘Twas the night before school started and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Who are we kidding? It’s the night before school starts! Everyone is excited, but especially the freshmen and seniors. Let’s see how they’re feeling about the upcoming year.

I got the opportunity to speak with one senior and one freshmen, Elliott Meadows and Carson Musgrave, to see how they are feeling about this school year. After speaking with Elliott, he was overall tired but excited for the year. When asked if he was anxious Elliot says, “Eh just another day of school,” and told me that he doesn’t even have a backpack! To wrap up our interview I asked him how he felt about the upcoming school year, and Elliott said “People wouldn’t expect this from me, but I will miss it afterwards.” Sounds like Elliott is very relaxed about this school year!

When speaking with Carson, in his own fashion, he waited until right before my due date to answer my questions. I asked him how he felt before his first day of high school and he said that he felt really confident! Typically, most freshmen are anxious about starting this new journey, but not Carson. The only thing he disclosed feeling anxious about was finding his classes. Haven’t we all been there though? It doesn’t surprise me that Elliott and Carson are buddies, because Carson also had barely any school supplies. Using the same wrap up question, Carson says, “Now that school has fully started, I feel pretty good about the upcoming years of high school.” Now that is a positive attitude to have!

It is normal to have a wide range of emotions regarding the new school year, and that’s okay! Some kids feel anxious, and some kids don’t give it a second thought. Regardless of how you feel about the school year it will be great! Palestine High School is gearing up for a great year, full of some great Pioneers.