Looking Forward and Backwards

May 31, 2022

This year has been filled with many great accomplishments, including better attendance, and high honors. I have been through a lot this year, and that just proves to me that anyone can get through anything they put their mind to. I came from barely going to school, to almost perfect attendance this last semester. I had decent grades at the beginning of this year, in my opinion, but my whole second semester I’ve been on high honors. I’ve improved so much in many academics, and I’m so proud of myself. I have come a long way and accomplished many things. Now I’m on my way to college classes next year. I’m super excited to start the process of becoming an adult. 

I’ve lived through many experiences this year whether it be good or bad, mostly good though. Some of the good things that happened to me this year were me winning an award, and also making new friends. Some of the bad things aren’t even worth mentioning because I overcame them with somewhat ease. I’m glad that I’ve come this far, and I don’t even know if I would still be in school right now if I didn’t overcome my freshman year. I’m so glad I didn’t drop out because it will all be worth it in the end. Now I’m one year away from graduating. I’ve come this far, and I’m going to stick through it. It’s hard sometimes, but I’m reminded everyday how worth it it’s going to be to get my high school diploma. 

The things I’m looking most forward to next year are graduating and taking my college classes. I’m excited to finally move on with my life and start fresh –not necessarily fresh, but it’s a good start. I’m ready to take on college and graduate with honors, and I think I’ll do very well. As long as I keep up my study habits and stick through it, then it should all go very well. 

What I’m looking forward to most is starting the process of becoming a Dental Hygienist. I think that starting my college classes next year is a great start to my bright future. I believe that Dental Hygiene is going to suit me well. I’m glad I chose this profession because I’ve always been interested in going to the dentist to make sure my teeth were healthy. I think this job will suit me well because I love helping people, and what’s better than making someone’s smile great again? Your smile is one of your main features and fixing it to your liking always makes you feel better, in my opinion. I personally want to perfect my own smile; then would I love it more than I already do. That would help my self-esteem a lot. I feel like it helps other people’s self-esteem also, and that makes me feel good that I can help other people accomplish something also. Whether the accomplishment is small or big, it’ll all be worth it in the end. I’ll be happy to help people become more confident with their smile, and that’s all that matters to me.