Cross Country Season Begins

Nathan More, Contributor

The Hutsonville-Palestine boys cross country team have now had two meets.  Their first meet was on August 23, in Sullivan, Indiana, at the Chad Smith Invitational which hosted 103 runners.  PHS’s ’ top runner, Nathan More, placed 22nd and received a ribbon. The rest of the team followed behind with Adam Pickering, a junior from Hutsonville, placing 44th; Chase Knoblett placing 63rd; Evan Holscher placing 69th; Blaine Beabout placing 82th; Trent Matthews, also a junior from Hutsonville, placing 87th; and Jacob Pickering placing 90th.  None of the boys were impressed with their times, but it was definitely a good starting ground and one of the hardest courses they see throughout the season.

The boys had their second meet Thursday, August 30, at Lawrenceville.  It was one of the smallest meets they will see in the season, but the boys definitely saw improvement from Sullivan.  The meet hosted Lawrenceville, Pal-Hut, Olney, and Flora. The team’s frontrunner, Nathan More, took over a minute and half off his time and was able to place 6th.  Adam Pickering ran an impressive 20:41 and took 14th place. Evan Holscher dropped an impressive minute and half off his time and placed 18th with a time of 21:37. Blaine Beabout had a nice run placing 21st with a time of 22:30.  Trent Matthews was able to place 22nd with a time of 23:21. Jacob Pickering, the only freshman on the team, placed 25th but was able to take some time off from Sullivan and run 24:14.

Nathan More, Contributor

This is my first year in Journalism and so far I've enjoyed it.  I took Journalism because I thought it would be a different kind of class and so that...