Meet The Staff: Mrs. Will!

Mrs.+Will+doing+her+Work+in+her+Office.+Mrs.Will+is+the+PHS+Guidance+Counselor.+

Destinee Mahlmeister

Mrs. Will doing her Work in her Office. Mrs.Will is the PHS Guidance Counselor.

Destinee Mahlmeister, Contributor

Mrs. Will, the PHS Guidance Counselor, has been there for many of us and I, for one, would not have made it to senior year without her. Mrs. Will is one of the nicest people I know.

Mrs. Will has been a counselor for 13 years and for all those 13 years she has been here at PHS.  After graduating herself from Palestine High School, Mrs.Will received her degree in Mental Health and counseling from Indiana State University.

Mrs. Will says she decided to become a counselor because she enjoys helping people and getting to know people. She also loves being in a positive school environment.

Outside of school, Mrs. Will enjoys shopping, baking, and crafting.  She makes the best birthday cakes and she likes to make t-shirts.  She also enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter and her dog Minnie. Her favorite sports team is the Chicago Cubs. 

I asked Mrs.Will what she would be if she could pick a different career, and she said, ” I would be a designer because I love to make things look pretty and I like to be creative with styles. Or I would also be a baker at Disney world because I love Disney World, and it’s because they have the most extravagant and beautifully designed bakery items.” 

Mrs. Will says the reason she likes this job is that she loves getting to know all of the students, and she feels like she is making a difference.  She wants every student to know that she is here for any student and would love to help in any way she can. 

We all wish Mrs.Will the best this year and in the future.